The International Harbour Masters’ Association (IHMA) is pleased to invite you to submit a 400-600 word abstract of a proposed paper in your area of expertise for the 13th IHMA Congress, to be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Addressing the theme ‘Shaping for a better, safer future’ the Congress program will be designed to appeal to all those responsible for the safe, secure and efficient conduct of marine operations in ports and industry organisations working with, or within ports across all levels of the industry spectrum.
The IHMA is calling you to shape the industry’s direction.
This is your opportunity to put forward your ideas, case studies and technical research on the innovations that will promote safe, sustainable, efficient and secure maritime logistics, improve cooperation between ports and ships, develop best practice, and raise global standards for the safety, security and efficiency of ports.
Topics to consider can include (but not limited to):
- Harbour Master experiences and best practices
- Responding to COVID and recent changes and challenges
- MASS/ Autonomy
- Sustainability / green shipping/ energy transition
- Safety / risk / resilience / business continuity
- The wellbeing of our people and seafarers
- Diversity / training / future skills / workforce
- Planning / infrastructure
- Port management / operations
- Navigation monitoring and control
- Technology / research & development
Deadline – 26 November 2021
The 2022 Congress Papers’ Committee
The Papers’ Committee comprises senior members of IHMA who are committed to developing a balanced and engaging Congress program with contributions from members and industry that share best practice and stimulate discussion.
We are delighted to have the following industry members share their knowledge and expertise in peer reviewing the accepted Congress papers: